Sunday 9 September 2007

Eating Out: The Swan

Saturday night was a leaving celebration for a friend, and we decided to head down to one of our old local pubs for some traditional pub food, at The Swan.

First off, a warm up with a tried and trusted pint of London Pride. I'd like to think that bitter is coming back into fashion, and personally, I'd like to see a return to the handle glass!


So, onto the food. All the food on their menu sounds fantastic, and looking at other peoples dishes, I don't think you'll go far wrong with whatever you pick. I finally decided on the steak, or as the menu describes.

Grilled fillet steak with triple cooked chips, oven dried tomatoes and garlic and parsley butter

My only issue when I get served something like this is how small it looks on the plate, but to be honest, it was a thick steak, and despite how small the potion seemed, it was certainly filling, with just enough space for dessert. Dessert incidentally, was chocolate brownies with hot chocolate sauce. Afraid that didn't stay around long enough to have it's picture taken!

So, if you ever happen to be near Chesham in Buckinghamshire, The Swan is well worth a visit!

4 comments:

Jenny! said...

That piece of meat looks fabulous! Mmmm...I'm hungry!

Yoda said...

That's yummy! This blog is a great idea :-)

Sarah said...

I never know wher to begin to eat food that looks that pretty! It should come with directions.

Sunshine said...

I put lots of stuff I cook up on my Psychotic Hobbyist blog. Click on my sidebar, second thing listed on my blogroll. I lurve food too.